We extract all the microalgae benefits
BLUE ORIGINS®, an extract rich in C-phycocyanin,
is obtained from a unique microalgal strain capable
of growing in extreme conditions: Galdieria sulphuraria
Galdieria: a unique
Galdieria sulphuraria is a red microalgae naturally rich in C-Phycocyanin, a water-soluble blue pigment that provides an intense blue color.
This extremophilic red microalgae is specifically found in highly acidic volcanic hot springs and calderas, i.e. environments with low pH and high temperature.
After years of research, Fermentalg has successfully sourced and cultured this strain in order to extract this acid stable C-Phycocyanin.
A patented* fermentation
and extraction process
- Better productivity (≈10 times greater than other growing methods in the same amount of time)
- Constant quality (temperature and pH levels are closely monitored and controlled)
- Complete traceability
- A pure product with no external contaminants
- Reliable supply year-round (no weather or
Through its extensive expertise in the fermentation of microalgae, Fermentalg has become a pioneer in the industrial exploitation of its Galdieria sulphuraria.
BLUE ORIGINS® is extracted from Galdieria sulphuraria through a patented gentle extraction process. This process allows preserving a high C-Phycocyanin concentration, while ensuring optimal yield.
* Fermentalg has protected 8 inventions in relation with Galdieria sulphuraria processing and use (PCT filing numbers : WO2017/093345, WO2017/050918, WO2018/178334, WO2019/228947,WO2020/049095, WO2020/144330, WO2020/144331, WO2020/161280).
Fermentalg owns 85 patents in relation with Galdieria sulphuraria processing and use.
A strategic partnership
for food and beverage
More than a color
NEED MORE INFORMATION ON OTHER FUNCTIONALITIES? CONTACT US TODAY!
4, rue Rivière
33500 Libourne – FRANCE
+33 5 57 25 02 20